Monday, April 20, 2009

After Spring Break


After spring break I flew down to my mom's where I spent the week doing her taxes, cleaning house, and checked on her future finances. I also spent a lot of time hugging her and generally supporting her in anyway I could.

It was a sobering visit, but while I was there, I read an awesome book called A Grace Disguised that helped me gain a new perspective on life. The week after I returned was frustrating to say the least. It seems I couldn't concentrate and my mind was jumbled. So I took up journaling in order to clear my mind of the bits and pieces of things that seem to clutter up my thinking, and I had a much better week last week.

Jack is a great problem solver, and he helped me brainstorm some ways to run my classroom more efficiently. I am so thankful for my friends and family who have been an ecouragement to me. Especially my best friend Rita!

No comments: