Tuesday, April 07, 2009

10 Good Things about Dad

I recently read a book to my English language learners called Ten Good Things about Barney It was a story about a beloved cat that died, and the boy's mom suggested he make a list of ten things that were good about him to help the boy remember his cat.



I thought it was a great idea, and decided to make my own list called



The Ten Good Things about Dad.

He:
1. married my mom who had seven kids!
2. gave us a family.
3. took me to church where I learned that Jesus loved me.
4. moved us to Oregon to a safer enviroment.
5. bought us our first real home.
6. fixed my bike when it had a flat.
7. taught me to play chess.
8. listened to me.
9. gave us a real Christmas just like a regular family.
10. loved my husband and children.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Dear Kelli,
My Name is Vicki Duffy, I am a cousin of Leroy. My Mom Ginger Duggan came accross your post on the internet. I am very sorry for your loss. My grandmother was married to Henry Bradford Baisdon, Leroys uncle. I have been working on a family tree and going through her photos. I have some of Leroy as a child and I thought you might like to have them. I will email them to you if you like. Email me to let me know.

Take care!
Vicki

PS congrats on your new grandbaby!