Thursday, August 03, 2006

2 Weeks Old

I took these pictures of my favorite chicks. Although I am worried that Henny Penny might be a Rooster Cogburn in disguise! We will just have to wait and see. I recently moved the chickens to their larger pen in the garage. I gave them a red heat lamp to keep them warm at night. They really love it out there. They were running and flitting about during their wakeful times. Then all of the sudden they were sound asleep. They were exhausted from all the exercise. They slepted and slepted. Also I have been using a particular whistle sound to let them know I am around. When I whistle and put my hand down in the cage they come running. They jump in my hand, climb up my arms, and if I am in the cage with them, they will fly up on my knees. They are so fun and cute.





Snow White





Henny Penny

3 comments:

Hello, It's Louise. said...

AW! these little guys are so cute!

Hello, It's Louise. said...

MORE CHICKEN POSTS!!!!

Youngmrslady said...

They are so cute! I can't wait to see them!