Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Importance of a Father

Life has been very busy since school got out, but a lot of wonderful things have been going on and I am going to attempt to get it all recorded.
The day after school was out, my favorite uncle and his wonderful family came to visit. His name is Uncle Bill and he was accompanied by his wife Joyce, granddaughter Cassie, and his daughter Windy. Emily and Tyler came out too! We had a great time and caught up on all the news.
Uncle Bill is my real dad's brother, and he looks a lot like him. I love him so much because he has always been there for me in ways a father should. Uncle Bill loves the Lord, loves his wife, and is family oriented even to kids who aren't his. He also loving cared for his mom before she passed away.
Whenever I have needed a dad to talk something over with, I knew I could call him and he would listen. He is not judgemental and very supportive. He's interested in my life and even my childrens lives. I remember when my daughter Erin got married, and he drove all the way to Denver. We loved him for it. He danced with us, and everyone loved him. Thank you Uncle Bill.(and Aunt Joyce).

Many men do not understand how important they are to their children. They have their own self ambitions and children are emotionally abandoned. They forget tha boys need a positive role model so they don't perpetuate the problem and girls need their dad's love so they don't look for elsewhere.
I turned 50 this year, and I still wish I could have a healthy relationship with my dad. I would love for him to be involve in my life, but at this time, it is not possible. Therefore I am so thankful for my Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill...You Rock!!!

No comments: