Friday, March 20, 2009

Patch 1993 - 2009

Patchy's first Christmas.
Patch and Pop
Patch and Jackson snuggle in the wee hours of the morning over a heater vent.
This has been a difficult week for us. We lost our beloved dog, Patch, on Monday, March 16.
Patch had a wonderful life and lived to be 15 1/2 years old. He was dearly loved and will be missed.

Patch joined our family in September, just before Jackson turned two, and now he is 17. Patch's parting has caused me to reflect on other relationships in my life and realize the importance of shared memories and experiences. He gave us loyalty and fond memories. Patch is buried in our backyard in the secret garden. I am so thankful for the years he was part of our life. Thank you Patchy, but I will miss you.

I would like to dedicate this page to your memories and stories of Patch.

2 comments:

Hello, It's Louise. said...

Those pictures of Patchy on Jackson's pillow are PRICELESS. That was the quintessential boy & his dog story. Those two were like brothers... I will miss that sweet dog and his kind face.

Jack and Kelli said...

Yes, they are so precious. Patch was a loving and loyal dog.

One time when I was out picking blackberries in Port Orford, a strange dog approached me barking. He was big and scary. Patch stood his ground and growled at that dog! He must have senced I was scared. Anyway, the other dog left. Bless that dog.